About Goniana

Goniana is a city in the Bathinda district of Punjab. This city is also a municipal council. The city is situated at about 13 Kms from the city of Bhatinda on the Bathinda-Faridkot National Highway, NH 15. The city of Goniana is also known as the Goniana Mandi. The official language of the city is Punjabi. It is one of the fastest growing cities of Bhatinda district.

About Goniana
Goniana

Demography of Goniana

As per the 2001 the total population of Goniana is 12812. 54% of the total population in this town comprises of male and the remaining 46% constitutes of female. The average literacy rate of Goniana is 71% which is way higher than the national average which is 59.5%. Male literacy rate of the town stands at 75% while the female literacy rate is 66%. The child population of the town is 12%.

Chemists in Goniana

Medical facilities and pharmacies are important for any town or city. As the Goniana town is small, people need to travel a bit to get their medical requirements addressed. The nearest medical stores and hospitals are located at the following addresses.

Bharat Medical Store

Address: Near Old Hospital, Fish Market, Bhatinda Ho, Bhatinda – 151001
Phone:0164-5001371
Mobile: 9855159385

Jawahar Medical Store

Address: Hospital Bazar, Bhatinda Ho, Bhatinda – 151001
Kansal Medicos
Address: Aggerwal Complex, Bhatinda HO, Bhatinda – 151001
Phone: 0164-2253904

Hospital near Goniana

Nagpal Superspeaciality Hospital & Nova Trauma Centre
Address: The Mall Road, Mall Road, Near Hanuman Chowk, Bhatinda – 151001
Phone: 9855163355
Website: www.nagpalhospitalbathinda.com

Badyal Multispeciality Hospital & Trauma Centre

Address: Bibi Wala Road, Near Dav College, Bhatinda Ho, Bhatinda – 151001

Dr.Ripudaman Gupta Clinic

Address: Opposite Magal Mahadev Mandir, Railway Road, Bhatinda Ho, Bhatinda – 151001
Phone: 9888580313

Postal Services in Goniana

The post office and the courier services in and around Goniana serve the residents with all their postal and courier services. The post office offers postal services and other financial services to the people. The courier services companies carry and deliver parcels and other important communication to and from every part of the country.

Post Office

POST Office: Sub Office (Delivery)
Head post office: Bathinda H.O
Address: Goniana Mandi Post Office, Bathinda District, Pincode: 151201
Phone: 0164-2262030

Ashok Courier Cargo & International

Address: Flour mill corner, Railway Station Road, near shiv mandir, Bhatinda HO, Bhatinda – 151001
Phone: 0164-5000290
Mobile: 9317473173

Blue Dart Express Ltd

Address: Plot No-2739- B A, Grover Complex, G T Road, Nfl Bhatinda, Bhatinda – 151003
Phone: 0164-2239565, 4681317, 5013049, 5013050, 5013051, 5013052

Travel Agents in Goniana

If you want to hire a cab for going around the town or out of the town, or need to book tickets for your upcoming journey, the travel agents in the Goniana town do all the needful arrangements for your safe and comfortable journey.

Arora Travels

Address: Shop Number 62, Pani Wali Tanky, Gole Diggi, Bhatinda – 151001
Phone: 9888802590, 9988097197, 9569630005, 9814352709, 9888678039

Amit travels

Address: Near Railway Station, Santpura Road, Bhatinda Ho, Bhatinda – 151001
Phone: 9855421170, 9988990309

Transport in Goniana

Goniana does not have an airport. The nearest airport is 112 Km away at Ludhiana. Another airport that is accessible is in Amritsar which is 146 KM away. Goniana is well connected via railways. Trains from all major cities run through Goniana every day. This is probably the best way to reach Goniana. To reach Goniana by bus, one needs to catch a bus to Bathinda which is 12 Km away. From there one can reach Goniana by local transport.


96
  • SHARE THIS
  • TWEET THIS
  • SHARE THIS
  • COMMENT
  • LOVE THIS 0
  • E-mail

Comments / Discussion Board - About Goniana

Loader